Friday, February 9, 2007

Summer

Ok, so I'm browsing the web (one guess for which site. meh. I'm desperate) and I come across a whole bunch of links to summer programs.

Yay.

Then, there actually are a bunch that seem ok, and are open to sophomores. All fine and well. I look through the sites, read about it, download the application forms. Pretty fun math problems for SUMaC, really. Typical stuff, but still pretty fun. (I wonder if anyone's posted the solutions online. Forget about dogs or diamonds. Google is (wo)man's kind best friend) I think I could actually like these programs.

Plus, they're at Stanford. My dad (probably the only person who ever reads this blog besides me) has friends in that area, so he'll still be watching me. Knowing him, my luggage, clothes, books, and room will be completely bugged. But sometimes it is nice having a *very* involved father. For example, I get to go to things like this (*if* i get admitted). But I digress.

No mention of a deadline anywhere. Strange. Whatever.

Two days later. Still curious about deadlines. It's around 11 pm. Oki, so the offices should be open. And there's a toll-free number. Even better. I call them, ask when is this stuff due.

February 14th. And it's the 9th today. Lovely.

I'd better light some midnight oil at the altar of the god of procrastination.

No comments: